5 Remedies To Treat Burning Sensation On Your Skin
By: Kratika Wed, 24 Nov 2021 10:14 AM
Our skin has its own way of talking to us. It expresses itself and its discomforts mostly through allergies, break-outs, boils, and reactions. One of those reactions of the skin is the burning sensation, which often becomes insufferable. Inflammation is a way the body adopts to prevent further tissue damage. It can be defined as a short-lived mechanism marked by redness, swelling and pain. In most cases, such physiological effects are ensued by the release of provocative or poisonous chemicals around the affected area.
# Ice Cubes or Cold Water
cotton or muslin cloth
- Wrap the ice cubes in a piece of clean cotton or muslin cloth.
- Wait till the ice cubes melt enough to wet the surface of the cloth and this on the affected area
- The chilled water suspended from ice cubes calms down the burn.
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Two cups of water
A soft cotton cloth
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with water and stir well.
- Drench the cotton cloth in this concoction
- Wrap this cloth around the affected skin area.
Juice of one lemon
A bathing mug of water
Cotton cloth or large handkerchief
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon in a mug of clean water
- Soak the clean cloth in this water
- Spread the cloth on the affected skin surface.
# Lavender Essential Oil
- Mix one portion of lavender oil with two portions of a carrier oil like olive oil as the former is too thick to be applied solely.
- Massage this evenly mixed oils on the affected area.
# Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel
- Scoop out the gel from Aloe Vera leaves.
- Beat them it in a mortar or with the back of a spoon to make it even.
- Apply the even gel on the affected area.
- Keep it on for 20 minutes and rinse off.