5 Ways To Get Straight Hair Naturally At Home
By: Kratika Sat, 17 Sept 2022 1:25 PM
Having straight and silky hair is almost every girl’s dream. Straight hair give that simple, sleek and elegant look and are quite easy to manage. In order to attain that, we subject our hair to heavy chemical treatments that can cause long term damage to our hair. Honestly, I am one such victim. I have taken hair smoothening treatment thrice that made me suffer from heavy hair loss and left me with damaged hair.
The last time when I did hair smoothening, I took a resolution not to go for this treatment again and will try to maintain that straight look by following some natural home remedies. Believe me, these natural home remedies are very effective however, are time consuming. It’s been three years that I am taking care of my hair and my hair now look healthy and almost straight. So, I thought to share these ways with you all. Let’s see how you can make hair straight naturally at home.
# Lemon Juice And Coconut Milk For Hair Straightening
The first on the list of ways to make hair straight naturally at home is to prepare coconut milk and lemon juice hair straightening cream.
2 cups coconut milk
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2-3 tbsp. corn flour
2-3 tbsp. olive oil/coconut oil/almond oil
- In a clean bowl, mix corn flour with lemon juice to form a thin paste-like consistency.
- Take coconut milk in a pan and start heating it on medium flame. Add the corn flour paste in the milk.
- Keep stirring the milk till it becomes thick and creamy. - Don’t thicken the milk more as it will further thicken on cooling.
- Now remove the prepared cream from the flame and add 2-3 tbsp. of olive oil in it. Stir the mixture well and the hair straightening cream is ready to use.
- Transfer the prepared cream in a clean container and allow it to cool down.
- Apply this cream on your hair strands and keep it for 2 hours.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water using a mild herbal shampoo.
# Olive Oil And Eggs
1-2 whole eggs (Depending upon the hair length)
2 tbsp. olive oil
- Take eggs in a clean bowl.
- Now, add oil and mix the ingredients well.
- Apply this mixture to your hair and keep it for an hour.
- Wash with cool water using a mild herbal shampoo.
# Banana And Honey
2 over-ripe banana
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. curd
- In a blender, add all the ingredients.
- Blend them together to form a paste. Make sure that there are no lumps of banana left.
- Now, apply this mask on your hair for 30-40 minutes and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Then, using a mild shampoo wash your hair with lukewarm water.
# Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one such ingredient that has taken a permanent place in my hair care regime as it offers various benefits to hair. It not only helps in strengthening and adding shine to your hair but also helps in hair conditioning, reduces dandruff and promotes hair growth. It is one of the effective ways to make hair straight naturally at home.
3-4 tbsp. aloe vera gel
3-4 tbsp. olive/coconut oil
- Take a clean bowl and mix both the ingredients well.
- The gel will appear a little creamy.
- Now, apply this mixture to your hair for at least an hour or you can also keep it overnight.
- The next morning wash your hair with a mild herbal shampoo and you will see the difference.
- Your hair will become soft, shiny and will look straight and manageable.
# Milk And Honey
One of the easiest and effective ways to make hair straight naturally at home is using milk and honey hair spray.
2 tbsp. honey
½ cup milk
- Take a clean spray bottle and add both the ingredients.
- Mix these well and hair spray is ready to use.
- Spray the mixture on your hair and let it on for one hour.
- Wash your hair with cool water using a mild herbal shampoo.