7 Effective Remedies To Get Rid Of Whiteheads
By: Kratika Wed, 21 July 2021 4:47 PM
As if blackheads were not enough, whiteheads are there to add to our skin woes. They look ugly and sometimes can cause pain as well. So, here we have come up with a article on how to get rid of whiteheads using 7 simple home remedies. Both blackheads and whiteheads are caused due to clogging of pores due to dirt, sebum and dead skin cells. Whiteheads are also known as ‘closed comedones’ and they appear on the chin, forehead and nose. Blackheads are normally black in color, while the whiteheads are either white or yellowish. Whiteheads are common in oily and acne prone skin, but don’t lose your sleep over them, as we are all set to share the best home remedies for whiteheads. Check them out below.
# Use Baking Soda to Get Rid of Whiteheads
- Take a tsp of baking soda and mix it with some water to form a thick paste. Apply it directly on to the affected area and let it sit for few minutes. Wash off and repeat this home remedy for whiteheads 2-3 times a week until you get desired result.
- Another way to use baking soda to remove whiteheads is by mixing half tsp of baking soda with 2 tbsp honey. Form a thick paste and apply it on to the affected area and massage for 5 minutes. Let it sit for another 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with luke warm water.
# Apple Cider Vinegar to remove Whiteheads
- Take a tsp of ACV and to this add 3 tsp of cornstarch and some water to get a thin paste. Apply this on the white heads directly and wait for at least 15 minutes. Wipe it off with a clean cloth soaked in warm water.
- Alternatively, you can also use ACV directly on to the whiteheads with the help of a cotton ball. Let it sit for few minutes until it dries naturally. No need to rinse off. Doing this every alternate day will show effective results. But make sure you do not apply too much of ACV.
# Oatmeal Mask for Whiteheads Treatment
- Make a scrub by mixing together 2 tbsp yogurt, 1 tbsp each of lemon juice and honey and 4 tbsp powdered oatmeal. Also add a tbsp apple cider vinegar. Apply it on damp skin and leave it on for 20 minutes. Gently massage while rinsing it off.
- Alternatively make a paste by mixing together powdered oatmeal and water. Apply it on to the affected area. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then scrub it off. This will not only exfoliate the skin but also minimize the pores and reduce whiteheads.
# Apply Honey for Whiteheads
- Take a tsp of raw organic honey and slightly warm it up. Apply it directly on to the affected area. Let it sit for 10-20 minutes and then wash off with luke warm water.
- Take a tsp of milk in a small container and add a tsp of raw honey in it. Now carefully pour it over a clean cotton strip and microwave it for 15 seconds. Once it feels warm, apply it over the area where the whiteheads are concentrated. Press it and keep it there for 15 minutes. Gently pull it off to get rid of the whiteheads.
# Tea Tree Oil Home Remedies for Whiteheads
- Pour a few drops of tea tree oil onto a cotton ball and apply it directly over the whiteheads. Let it sit there and dry naturally. No need to wash it off.
- Another way on how to get rid of whiteheads is by mixing 4-6 drops of tea tree oil to your face wash each time you wash your face. This will help in unclogging your pores and removing the whiteheads.
- You can also use tea tree oil in a simple face pack to get rid of whiteheads. All you have to do is to mix 2-3 drops each of tea tree oil and jojoba oil and add some fresh tomato pulp to it. Apply it all over the face, specially to the area where you get maximum whiteheads. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then wash off with icy-cold water. This is one of the best remedies if you are wondering how to get rid of whiteheads.
# Green tea Remedy for Whiteheads
- First, steep 1 tsp of green tea in a cup of warm water for 10 minutes. Then dip a cotton ball in the tea and simply wipe your face with it. No need to rinse it off.
- Brew some green tea. Now take a quarter of a cup of green tea and add juice of one lemon to it. Mix well and apply this solution onto the whiteheads affected area with the help of a cotton ball. Let it sit for 10-12 minutes. You can also use it as an overnight treatment. Use cold water to rinse off the face and pat dry.
- Regular consumption of green tea is also very useful in getting healthy and clear skin.
# Treat Whiteheads using Egg Whites
- Separate the egg white from the egg yolk and keep it in a separate bowl. Beat it until it becomes frothy. Add a tbsp honey and mix both the ingredients nicely. Apply this face mask evenly on the face and neck. Keep it on until you feel some tightening sensation on the skin. Rinse it off with tepid water. Do this twice a week initially and then once in every fortnight to maintain the health of the skin.
- You can also use only the egg white to remove the whiteheads from the face. Here is how to get rid of whiteheads using this tip – first separate the egg white from the yolk and keep the egg white in a bowl. Make sure you have a clean face. Gently apply the egg white as a thin layer evenly on the face with your finger or a brush. Then place a thin layer of tissue on the face and apply another layer of egg white. Let the mask dry completely. Then peel it off in the upward direction. Once done, wash the face with warm water.
- Mix some lemon juice with a tbsp of egg white and then apply it evenly over the places where you have whiteheads. Let it dry and then gently peel it off. Regular application of this remedy will help to remove whiteheads from the face.