Easy Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dry, Flaky Skin On Face
By: Pinki Thu, 12 Nov 2020 3:02:37
The most important reason for dry skin is lack of moisture. Humidity levels fall down in winters, the air around you is dry and what worst, and it soaks moisture from outer layer of your skin. Taking hot water baths, using harsh soaps and the pollution can rip of all the moisture and make your skin dry, itchy, flaky and dark.
Pick the magazine next to you only to find gorgeous models with the healthiest skin, then switch on the television to find adverts for all kind of moisturises and lotions. Now have a look at your own skin, is it ready to absorb the winters winds?
Save your money from buying any tiny super gorgeous bottle of some miracle lotion and make the best use of your kitchen for oils. Here’s is a quick guide for Home Based Remedies to get rid of dry peeling, flaky skin on face.
Olive Oil Treatment for Dry Skin
Antioxidants are good for skin and Olive oil is full of them. You can use Olive oil on your face and all over your body to soothe dry skin or extremely dry skin.
- Massage your body with Olive oil half an hour before taking a shower. Pay special attention to cheeks, elbows, knees and feet. Take a shower in lukewarm water and apply a light moisturizer. You can repeat this once a week or every alternate day. This Olive oil therapy is good to treat skin dryness and skin breakage.
- Mix some olive oil in moisturizer on your palm and massage it well on your body. You can do it before going to bed for a week and wake up to a soft and smooth skin in the morning. If you have cracked heels or extremely dry skin on your foot, take abundance of oil and regular moisturizer and massage them, wear cotton socks and sleep well.
- Dab a drop or two of virgin olive oil on cotton ball and apply it evenly all over your face, leave it for the night and wash with warm water next morning.
- Mix olive oil with honey and brown sugar to make a scrub. Rub it in light circular motions for few minutes. Wash it off and apply a little moisturizer.
Here comes the winters, a perfect season to drink endless coffee mugs or soups and watch your favourite shows while being wrapped in warm blankets. You’re lazy and foodie self must love the winter season but what about your skin?
Almond Oil for extremely Dry Skin
Almond Oil is everything that is good for skin. You can repeat all the methods mentioned above in Olive oil treatment and replace with Almond oil. Almond oil is little warmer and it helps in treating dry under eye area and extremely dry skin. Respect your little almond oil bottle; it has everything magical in it for your skin care.
Coconut Oil for lost Moisture
Coconut oil contains good amount of fatty acids that can refill all the lost moisture from the skin. Coconut oil can also be used by those who generally have oily or combination skin.
- Apply few drops of coconut oil just after taking a bath. Coconut oil is easily absorbed when skin is warm and supple. Giving this treatment to yourself daily will result in a smooth, even tone and glowing skin. You can continue using this throughout winters.
- Apply liberal amounts of coconut oil on your body before going to bed, massage it well and wash it in the next morning.
Honey to get rid of Dry Patches
Honey is loaded with antioxidants and antimicrobials. It is considered as the best natural moisturizers around. Honey locks the moisture to make your skin extra smooth and soft. It fixes any dry peeling skin or any dry patches around nose or on face.
- Before taking a shower apply honey as is or mix with olive oil on your body. Leave this for 10 minutes and wash off in a shower.
- Use honey as a face mask and wash off with lukewarm water.