Treat 8 Of Your Skin And Hair Problems With This Magical Ingredient
By: Kratika Tue, 06 Apr 2021 5:52 PM
Eggs are full of nutrients, making them a popular and healthy food source. They nourish the body from within, but their benefits are not limited to their oral consumption alone.Eggs are rich in proteins, minerals, and biotin that are essential for the body. These nutrients not only improve your general health but can also help nourish your skin and hair when used topically, giving them a healthier appearance.
The lutein in eggs can improve skin hydration and elasticity, while the protein in them helps repair the skin and make it firm. Applying eggs to your hair can make them shiny, strong, and soft and can boost hair growth.
Eggs contain several vitamins and compounds that are beneficial for the skin. Vitamin D and antioxidants can prevent wrinkle formation. Vitamin E curbs the action of free radicals, thus preventing cellular damage. Vitamin A can help in skin repair and scar healing.
Eggs also contain collagen that aids in improving skin elasticity and firmness, and the protein in egg whites helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Therefore, you can use egg whites to make your skin look youthful and firm.
- Separate the egg white of one egg.
- Add 2 tbsp of milk and a small amount of the juice of a grated carrot to the egg white and mix well.
- Apply this mixture to your face.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
# Skin tightening and shrinking of pores
Egg whites are astringent in nature and can help shrink large pores and control oil production from the sebaceous glands.
Adding honey to an egg white mask adds moisturization to your skin. Honey also has antibacterial and skin-healing properties that are beneficial to the skin.
- Add 1 tbsp of raw honey to 1 tsp of egg white and mix in a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply the mask to your face.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes and pat your face dry.
- Repeat this remedy twice a week.
# Treatment for acne and discoloration
Egg whites are beneficial in controlling oil production, which is useful in the control of acne, cysts, and pimples. Eggs also form a protective layer over your skin, helping prevent blisters and sunburn.
In addition, eggs contain enzymes that improve skin health, fade suntan, reduce dark spots, prevent pimples, and even out skin tone.
- Whisk together the egg white of one egg and 1 tsp of orange juice until frothy.
- Add ½ tsp of turmeric powder to the mixture and mix well.
- Apply the mask to your face and massage it in circular motions.
- Scrub off the dried mask from your face after about 15 minutes.
- Apply a moisturizer to seal the hydration and nutrients in your skin.
# Skin moisturization
Dry skin and reduced elasticity can benefit from the protein, cholesterol, and nutrients present in eggs. These compounds can deeply moisturize the skin.
Yogurt can be added to eggs for added proteins and vitamins to further improve your skin health.
- Whisk the egg white of one egg until frothy.
- Add 2 tbsp of fresh yogurt and 1 tbsp of rose water to the egg and mix well.
- Apply the paste to your face, and rinse it off after 15–20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy 2 times a week.