4 DIY Ways To Get Rid Of Chicken Pox Scars
By: Kratika Tue, 02 Aug 2022 3:25 PM
Chickenpox is a highly contagious viral infection that is caused due to varicella-zoster virus. Though it mostly affects children, it can be seen in adults too. Chickenpox scars are horrible reminders of what we went through. Here are a few home remedies that can come in handy:
# Lemon, Aloe Vera and Honey Pack:
Lemon is loaded with vitamin C which triggers the production of fresh collagen and the antiviral properties of this juice penetrate deep into the skin, help in clearing dark spots and lightening the skin. Honey loaded with natural moisturizing properties hydrates skin while aloe vera goes deep into the epidermis, triggers regeneration of new skin cells and lightens up the spots.
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tsp natural, organic honey
1 tsp fresh aloe vera gel
- In a bowl, mix all three ingredients and apply them on the scars with a cotton ball
- If you have more scars on the face, use it is a face pack by gently spreading it all over
- Wait till it dries up completely. Wash it with cold water and pat dry
- Repeat it daily for at least two weeks to see the best results
# Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a blessing for the skin. It is a proven remedy for numerous skin-related problems including chickenpox. While you are advised to not touch the active pox blisters, applying coconut oil after they have dried can prevent scarring.
- With gentle hands, apply coconut oil to the affected areas every day.
- This would reduce their appearance by lightening them.
- Also, coconut oil will moisturize the skin to prevent dryness and flakiness.
- This is best to treat chickenpox in children.
Papaya enzymes help with the exfoliation of dead skin cells and the enzymes work deep into the skin to attack the intracellular debris and remove the dark spots over time.
What all you need:
Fleshy pieces of papaya
A teaspoon of lime
A teaspoon of honey.
- In a blender, mix the lime, the honey and the papaya and blend well to form a gooey paste.
- Apply the paste gently all over the darkened spots on the face and the body
- Wrap with a cling film wrap or a plastic sheet
- Wait for half an hour
- Wash off with cold water
- Pat dry
# Coconut Water
Coconut water has plenty of nutrients in it, and it has minerals and vitamins in it with a lot of trace elements too. Apart from that, coconut water can be an anti-wrinkle, anti scar and anti dehydration agent as well.
What all you need:
A tablespoon of coconut oil
- Gently massage the coconut oil onto the affected area
- Wait for ten minutes
- Wipe off with a damp warm cloth.