5 Home Made Oatmeal Face Mask To Get Rid Of All Skin Problems
By: Pinki Sat, 16 Nov 2019 4:43 PM
A bowl of oatmeal makes a refreshing and filling breakfast with a number of health benefits. But the use of oatmeal is not just limited to your morning meal. You can include oatmeal in your beauty regimen to enjoy flawless and beautiful skin.
Oatmeal contains 18 different amino acids, which are essential to healthy skin. Amino acids act as building blocks for the body, helping to rebuild tissue and promote healing. Oatmeal is also a good source of nutrients like B vitamins, copper, zinc, selenium, thiamin and omega-3 fatty acids, which all support skin health.
* Face Mask for Acne
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of oatmeal and honey in a bowl.
- Add ½ tablespoon of lemon juice to it and mix well.
- Apply the paste gently on your face using circular motions.
- Allow the mask to dry.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Use this face mask once or twice a week.
* Face Mask for Eczema
- Put ? cup of oatmeal in a bowl, pour in ½ cup of hot water and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt to it, and mix all the ingredients well.
- Apply this mixture on the affected skin and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Use a damp cloth to remove the mask.
- Wash your skin with warm water.
- Pat your face dry and apply a good moisturizer.
* Face Mask for Suntanned Skin
- Mix 1 to 2 cups of oatmeal powder with enough milk or buttermilk to form a smooth paste.
- Optionally, add some lemon juice and honey.
- Rub this paste onto the tanned areas.
- Allow the mask to sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
* Face Mask for Glowing Skin
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of ground oatmeal and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt and mix the ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture on your face and neck area.
- Allow it to dry.
- Gently rub off the mask using wet hands.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water, pat dry and apply some moisturizer.
- Use this scrub once a week.
* Face Mask for Dry and Itchy Skin
- Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of colloidal oatmeal with enough water to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste all over the dry and itchy skin.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cool water and pat your skin dry.
- Apply a mild moisturizer.
- Use this mask once daily.